Crane supervisor Training & Testing
Aims & Objectives
The crane supervisor course will enable the candidate to undertake the duties of a crane supervisor as defined by the appointed person. They will learn how to comply with legislation, regulations, code of practice and industrial requirements.
- Legislation, regulations and codes of practice relating to lifting duties
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Taking personal responsibility
- Different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understanding crane documentation
- Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation
- Observing British Standard 7121
- Understanding the role of crane supervisor
- Understanding the role of appointed person
- Preparing an area with exclusion zones
Training can be carried out at our centre in Fife, or at your own site where criteria be met. CPCS testing must be carried out at our approved test centre in Fife however NPORS testing can be carried out at your own site providing site specifications can be met.
A 1 day test only can be carried out on candidates with relevant experience
Training duration is dependent on the number of candidates, and each candidates previous experience. Generally a novice candidate would require 3 days training based on 5 candidates with little to no experience, however this can be significantly reduced with relevant experience
Our construction plant courses can be delivered with either NPORS, CPCS or our own in-house accreditation. On successful completion of the course candidates will therefore receive certification per their preference. For further information on these schemes, please click here.
We are an ITA approved centre. Please get in touch to find out how you can use your £200 ITA grant towards the cost of this course.
For further information please contact us