Location and avoidance of underground apparatus (CAT scanning)
Aim of course
To provide candidates with a knowledge and understanding of the safety procedures and precautions before and during excavation work.
- Identification of symbols
- Interpretation of utility maps
- Transferring information
- Review of HSG 47 – Avoiding danger from underground services
- Common types of underground apparatus
- Support of apparatus in open excavations
- Use of cable and pipe locators
1 Day – 2 sessions
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with the following certification:
- CTA (Camilla Training Aspects) certificate
We are approved by ILA Scotland and you can use your ILA funding towards the cost of this course.