Aim of course
To provide candidates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in the safe mounting and selection of abrasive wheels and cutting discs.
- PUWER – Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Marking of wheels
- Storage, handling, transporting, inspecting and testing of abrasive wheels
- Selection of wheels
- Abrasive wheels functionality
- Dressing and balancing of wheels
- Rest adjustment
- Practical sessions
1 Day – 2 sessions
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with one of the following certification:
- NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme)
- CTA (Camilla Training Aspects) certificate
We are approved by ILA Scotland and you can use your ILA funding towards the cost of this course.