Articulated dump truck
Aim of Course
This course is designed to train the candidate to be able to operate the vehicle safely and in accordance with current guidelines and legislation; and to have underpinning knowledge of their responsibilities when doing so, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other current legislation.
- Roles and responsibilities
- Current relevant regulations
- Introduction to the machine
- Pre-shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Driving, loading and unloading
A 1 day ‘test only’ can be carried out on candidates with relevant experience.
Training duration is dependent on the number of candidates, and each candidates previous experience. Generally a novice candidate would require 3 days training (on a fully subscribed course), however this can be reduced with relevant experience.
On successful completion of this course candidates can be issued with either of the following certification:
- CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme) card
- NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) card
- CTA (Camilla Training Aspects) certificate.
We are approved by ILA Scotland and you can use your ILA funding towards the cost of this course.
Can't see your dates?
Get in contact here, leave your number and we will get in touch soon!