Articulated dump truck
Aim of Course
This course is designed to train the candidate to be able to operate the vehicle safely and in accordance with current guidelines and legislation; and to have underpinning knowledge of their responsibilities when doing so, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other current legislation.
- Roles and responsibilities
- Current relevant regulations
- Introduction to the machine
- Pre-shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Driving, loading and unloading
A 1 day ‘test only’ can be carried out on candidates with relevant experience.
Training duration is dependent on the number of candidates, and each candidates previous experience. Generally a novice candidate would require 3 days training (on a fully subscribed course), however this can be reduced with relevant experience.
On successful completion of this course candidates can be issued with either of the following certification:
- CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme) card
- NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) card
- CTA (Camilla Training Aspects) certificate.
We are approved by ILA Scotland and you can use your ILA funding towards the cost of this course.